Monday, October 27, 2014

New Movies and Our Family.


Technology has created a new challenge that I really hadn't thought about until now. We relied for a long time on an impressive VHS collection of Veggie Tales, Winnie the Pooh, and a handful of classic family movies. We finally broke down and bought a DVD player recently ( my old RCA with auto tracking from my bridal shower made it to the trash) and suddenly the whole Walmart movie section is open to my curious kiddos. Now we're left with where to draw lines about acceptable and unacceptable. Modesty, violence, crude behavior, and language. Oh my stars is the language bad.

We've managed to find a few new ones I love, Tangled and the newer Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, and Up, the last one made me sob. Such devotion between a couple that we never seen in almost any media, let alone the kind that will shape children.

We also bought Facing the Giants and a Narnia movie for us older ones to watch first.

Christian movie recommendations highly recommended, especially if they're from the 5 dollar bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment